Monday, August 25, 2008

The Letter


The letter was finally here last friday. I'll be officially working in KL early next month. Benci tau, tak dan nak tunggu raya ibarat kater. But I'll be taking some unrecorded leave just to sort out a few things here and also in KL before I start working. Ye la kan, nak kemas rumah, cover mattresses, simpan apa yang patut, buang apa yang patut, terminate ASTRO's subscription, bayar bil api air etc. Leceh betul kan? I hate moving.

Having said that, my primary concern right now is my dad. Who is going to look after his welfare? Who's going to take him to clinic/hospital if he gets sicks at 4 o'clock in the morning? What happens if his prostate swells again? And knowing that my two sis are in the waiting list for Haji this year, that worries me a lot. Makan minum dia, terurus ke nanti? Thinking about all these, brings tears to me eyes.

I was scared of his reaction when I broke the news to him about my transfer. Surprisingly, he didn't say much about this. He wants me to go...... work comes first katernya. I hope other siblings can look after him better than me. Tak de la lagi anak lelakinya yang nak melalak dalam bilik hari2 dan jadi teman dia watching TV at night. Since my mom passed away, I became closer to him. I hate to leave him here. I'm sure after this, he will make frequent trips to my brother's place at Subang Jaya :)

I have not decided where to stay in KL, although friends have made offers to arrange something for me. I am very thankful to them, even though I may not be close to some of them. Sifat prihatin mereka amatlah dihargai. My mind is not there yet, and I have a lot of other things to settle here. I'm sure I'll work it out somehow, even though I may end up at hotels for the first few days. I'll be fine..... I have friends, relatives and a brother there.

Esok cheq cuti for two days. Bukan tujuan untuk mengundi di Permatang Pauh, tapi to meet up with my close friends and ex-colleagues in Penang. Dah nak pindah ni kan, nak bid farewell la. It is not going to be a one or two month attachment, but a permanent one. The only time when I can see all of them is during weekdays where everybody should be in the office. So you all semua kat Penang/Prai tu..... cepat bentang carpet merah...!!!

10 comments:

yazrie said...

me too...sejak grad mmg dh keje kat tempat kelahiran..tatau ler mcm mana kalau kena pindah ke tmpt lain kalau dpt keje lain..i hate moving...

Anonymous said...

teddy, sejak bila tukaq jd woman nih?? larikksss...

Life's Like That said...

bro -

ur goin to be alrite. trust me..

TEDDY said...

mamayaz,

kan...?? tu la pasal. Mcm2 benda nak uruskan. Letih...

lovechubsbear,

jahat no...?? nak kena dgn cheq la ni??

shahe,

thanks bro. It's not me I'm worried about. Family always comes first to me. Harap2 semuanya taken care of kat sini nanti.

Kembara Musafir said...

alahai... sedey baca entries baru nih.... rumah cheq kat bkt jalil kosong tak ada sapa tinggai.... nak guna sementara mencari tempat tinggai baru, boleh jaaa... bagitau cheq, cheq boley buat arrangement dgn si MIM.... dia ada kunci rumah tuh...

all the very best for KL, ambaoi...!! jadik org KL hang naaa...

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

hi kembara musafir. can i stay in ur place in bukit jalil?

TEDDY said...

KM,

thanks for the offer. It's so nice of you. InsyaAllah, I'll be fine. Rasanya dah tahu mana nak tinggal. Maybe we'll see each other one day when u are back here. Thanks again :)

Chen,

Motip u pun nak duduk Bukit Jalil jugak?? hehehe.....

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

congrats to u.....!!!

welcome to KL

Kembara Musafir said...

allo Chen... sejak bila lak suka melepak rumah kengkawan nih...? whatever it is, if you are serious, get in touch with MIM... dia ada kunci rumah tu...

yeah, I oso wonder, how comes si Chen pun seybok2 nak stay kat BJ.. apakah motifnya... udang jenis apakah disebalik mee hailam...? hehe...

Teddy, ada rezeki, insyaAllah jumpa la nanti... I still dunno if I will come back for raya this year. cost flight tickets have suddenly increased tremendously due to the high petrol price... tgh survey2 lagi...

Kembara Musafir said...

allo Chen... sejak bila lak suka melepak rumah kengkawan nih...? whatever it is, if you are serious, get in touch with MIM... dia ada kunci rumah tu...

yeah, I oso wonder, how comes si Chen pun seybok2 nak stay kat BJ.. apakah motifnya... udang jenis apakah disebalik mee hailam...? hehe...

Teddy, ada rezeki, insyaAllah jumpa la nanti... I still dunno if I will come back for raya this year. cost flight tickets have suddenly increased tremendously due to the high petrol price... tgh survey2 lagi...