Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jalan-Jalan Jumpa Kawan

When friends got to know that I would be leaving soon, they requested to meet up for meals. For old time sake katernya. Memang betoi pun, some of them cheq tak jumpa for years. Even one of my best friends, Bad, cheq tak jumpa since the day he got married. Kalau hitung balik boleh kata dah 9 bulan. We talk on the phone regularly and email almost everyday, tapi dah lama tak bersua muka.

So yesterday I made a trip to Penang just to meet up with all of them. I tried to keep to my promise and I did. Lagipun I took a break from work for 2 days, it was about time to jejak kaki kat Penang Island yang cheq tak pi since March. The first stop was Queensbay Mall. I had nothing much to buy, so just walked around the mall to kill some time until my friends finished with their work. Perut lapar, singgah makan sikit kat kedai around the corner. (*matila.... corner ke?)


Some cafe latte with chocolate chip muffin. Gemukla cheq lepas ni. Diam tak diam cheq berjaya habiskan the delicious muffin sambil tengok gelagat orang2 Penang dan 5 batang Marlboro Lights dalam masa setengah jam. Hmmm..... that shows how much I enjoy smoking lately. Puasa dah dekat, so smoke puas2 katernya.

Habis makan, tangan terasa gatal la pulak nak swipe credit card. So shopping la apa lagi. Managed to get a few shirts and other stuff for myself. And of course la, I made a stop at my favourite part of a mall i.e. perfume counter. Hehehe... luckily my hand belum cukup gatal untuk beli another perfume. Finally, orang2 yang ditunggu buat kemunculan kat mall tu. Ronda punya ronda, we ended up at another eating spot.

*Man had mee kari. Sedap sangat nampak apa yang dia makan ni.

*nasi lemak for me. Tak mengira pagi, tengahari atau malam

*assam laksa for Bad. Dap......dap....dap....

It was fun to meet up again with good friends after so long. A lot of catching up over dinner and we also talked about future plans etc. I am going to miss this and do not know when we'll ever meet up again. Thanks Bad, Man and Zin for turning up, out of your busy schedules. We'll meet again someday, either in Penang or KL. Keep sending the emails to me everyday dan jangan delete my name na from the list?? Hehehe....

Today, I picked up my ex-colleagues from the office for lunch. We headed to Soh Tow Lane newly built foodcourt which I'd never been to. I never knew it exist in the first place. It reminded me of a foodcourt located just opposite Low Yatt Plaza at Bukit Bintang. Dulu masa cheq keja kat situ tadak la pulak tempat tu. Nak makan pun susah. La ni eating place berlambak2 la pulak kan?? The lunch was very pleasant but I didn't take any pic for this blog. Terlupa la pulak. Thank you to Wxxxxx, Gxxx xxx, Lxxx and Lxxxa for belanja-ing me lunch today. It should have been the other round. Cheq yang ajak, orang lain pulak belanja. Anyway, cheq singgah sat kat my old office, jumpa kawan2 and old bosses kat situ, peluk cium semua (hehehe..... propah saja tau.... no kissing or hugging took place.... haram) and said goodbye.

Masa atas feri nak balik ke mainland, terasa emo la pulak. Nasib baik ada Madonna and her Candy Shop accompanying me at the time. Terubat la jugak kan? The last stop was Prai. Jumpa kawan2 ofis lama kat situ. Gossip here and there. Nak balik pun hujan lebat, Allah saja yang tahu. So borak2 sampai dah tak tau apa nak borak. Yang penting I am very happy today, all of the people I met had claimed that I look slimmer now. It seems that my promise to someone that I will get slimmer by Hari Raya is following the right track. InsyaAllah, by Hari Raya, lagi la meletop. *matila statement tak hengat. In fact now, I can fit into my skinny jeans that I put aside long time ago. Hehehe.....

*alang2 dah sampai Prai, I made a stop at my favourite DVD shop and I got all these (The Happening, Sex & The City Movie, What Happens In Vegas, Hancock, You Don't Mess With The Zohan and Kylie Minogue-White Diamond Live in Sydney). It completes my day :)

8 comments:

2L2M.... said...

wah.....cuti2....makan tak henti2 :)

iskk....cetak rompak!!!

TEDDY said...

fren..... mana ada makan tak henti2...?? Sikit2 saja dan sekali sekala with friends. I bet nanti you yang akan bawak i makan kat sana. BTW, our plan to Nilai belum terlaksana. :)

and sokongla industri perfileman tempatan *matila..... larikkk....

Anonymous said...

u ols let la shopping saturday nih.. sale besar2an

Anonymous said...

semalam beli jeans kat Brand outlet. Dua lai RM69.90...Mughoh...

memang this wknd ada sale besar-besaran kat penang....
mai la lagi...

PUTUBAMBU said...

hello teddy..!

blog hope from MIM blog..

nice blog..readable...

nazzman ibrahim said...

kannnnnnnnnnnn tetiba nihhhh
motif nak feling madonna???chantek ke kaedahnya ( matilah carut KB sendiri)

uols p kl jgn lupa iols tau huhuhu



caseyyy i miss u bley????

TEDDY said...

man & bard,

ya ka?? teringin jugak nak pi lagi sekali. Tapi cheq ni nak berpindah randah ala2 nak pakai duit sewa 2 bijik container angkut barang pi KL. But who can resist mega sale kan?? Tgk la camna. Nanti koling2 na??

Ms Putubambu (miss ke??),

welcome aboard. Sila oi sila.... awat mai tak habaq?? Tadak buah kayu nak jamu kat hangpa. Moktan tak masak lagi..... hehehe. Thanks for the compliment. Rajin2la baca post2 merapu cheq ni.

Nazz,

amboi amboi amboi... mulut laser tak hengat no?? nak kena cabai ni..

yazrie said...

kann..teddy, ko TAMPAR je mulut si nazz tu...opsss...